Angebotsnr. ITEP 05-21
ITEP 05-21 Master Thesis: Stability analysis in superconducting-based electrical grids
Providing a reliable and secure power and energy system is one of the main challenges of the new era. The efficient operation of power systems contributes to decrease in fuel consumption and gas emission, conservation of natural resources, ensuring sustainability with better planning, and providing cleaner energy. The evolving modern optimization methods lead to more effective solutions and are promising for the continuously changing power system management, planning, and operation. New technologies based on superconducting materials are gaining popularity among private sector in the last few years due to their higher operating efﬁciencies. In special, superconducting cables are very interesting in the research sector. The integration of such technologies as well as a large number of distribution generation (DG) systems to utility network leads to the need for re-planning of the existing electrical systems. The aim of the work is to analyse the stability of an existing 110 kV network, where several connections are performed by means of superconducting cables.
To provide a better insight into the expected content of the Master thesis project, requirements and expectations are listed in the following:
- Read literature and summarize the requirements regarding the stability of distribution and sub-transmission networks in N-1 conditions
- Develop a dynamic model of the aforementioned 110kV network using the simulation software Digsilent PowerFactory.
- Perform dynamic studies, considering events such as faults, line disconnection, generator tripping, both in N and N-1 conditions.
- Make a clear and comprehensive presentation and evaluation of the results. All results should be documented adequately.
- A background in electrical engineering is required for this project.
- Experience in programing using MATLAB, MATLAB/Simulink or Digsilent PowerFactory is a plus.
- Knowledge about power system control is a plus.
- Language: German or English
OrganisationseinheitInstitut für Technische Physik (ITEP)
limited to 6 months.
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. -Ing. Giovanni De Carne, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 0721 608-25924.
Zur Bewerbung Zur offiziellen Anzeige
- Art der Anzeige
- Befristete Anstellung
- Gesuchter Karrierestatus
- Berufserfahrene/r > 2 Jahre
- Karlsruhe und Umgebung
- Sonstige Bereiche
- Sprache am Arbeitsplatz
- Art des Unternehmens
- Wissenschaftliche Einrichtung
E-Mail: Melden Sie sich bitte an,
um die E-Mail Adresse lesen zu können